Went to Austin for a couple of days to the National Safety Council Convention and made a visit the State house. I made a few observations.
- In Texas a rifle is considered to be safety equipment. A few of the exhibitors were having drawings in which a rifle was the first prize.
- If you are a CHL holder you will get treated special and allowed to take the short line and avoid the metal detectors when you visit the capitol building.
- They love their bicycles in Austin.
- Great entertainment can be had sitting on a bench on 6th street. We had finished dinner and heard a “Temptations” group across the street. We listened to the concert for about an hour .. Very nice.
- The blue bonnets were out in force.
- Yeah, Austin is weird.